INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
Through your use of the Website, L.E.A.D. may collect personal information, which is information that identifies you or relates to you as an identifiable individual. L.E.A.D. will collect personal information from you directly and automatically as outlined below.
A. Information We Collect From You
As you use our Website, we collect personal information from you when you:
- Contact us: When you contact us, we collect your name, email address, and any other information you choose to include in your correspondence. We use this personal information to respond to your questions or inquiries, troubleshoot where necessary, communicate with you, and address any issues you may have.
- Create an account: To create your L.E.A.D. account, we will collect your name, email address, agency/department contact information, and selected username and password.
- Make a donation: If you make a donation, we will collect your name, email address, physical address, and payment information (payment card number, expiration date, and CVV) to process your donation. Please note Stripe collects and processes this personal information directly as our payment processor and L.E.A.D. only maintains historical donation information.
- Purchase L.E.A.D. gear: When you purchase gear, we will collect your name, physical address, telephone number, email address, and your payment information (payment card number, expiration date, and CVV). We use this personal information to process your payment and to fulfill your purchase. Please note Stripe collects and processes this personal information directly as our payment processor.
- Purchase L.E.A.D. program materials: To purchase and deliver your L.E.A.D. materials, we will collect your name, physical address, telephone number, email address, fax number, date of birth, race/ethnicity, information about your department/agency, and student demographics. We will also collect your payment information (payment card number, expiration date, and CVV) to process your payment for the materials. Please note Stripe collects and processes this personal information directly as our payment processor.
- Register for a conference or training: To register you for a conference or training, we will collect your name, email address, telephone number, and physical address. We will also collect your payment information (payment card number, expiration date, and CVV) to process your payment. Please note Stripe collects and processes this personal information directly as our payment processor.
- Subscribe for updates: If you subscribe for L.E.A.D. updates and news, we will collect your email address. You may opt-out of receiving these marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link provided with each email. Please note that we will continue to send you emails necessary to the Website, your account, purchases or donations, or any assistance you request.
- Volunteer: If you are interested in volunteering, we will collect your name, email address, and any additional information you choose to include in your correspondence. We use this personal information to assess your volunteer request and to communicate with you.
L.E.A.D. may also use your personal information collected for the above purposes to comply with the law and for other limited circumstances as described in HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION.
B. Information Collected Automatically
In addition to the personal information you provide, we also collect information automatically via cookies as you use our Website. This information includes your:
- Usage information: We use strictly necessary, performance, analytics, and advertising cookies to collect information about your interaction with our Website, such as the pages you visit, the frequency of access, how much time you spend on each page, and what you click on. We use this information to: (i) conduct analytics; (ii) enhance user experience; (iii) conduct targeted online advertising and measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns; (iv) prevent fraudulent use of the Website; and (v) diagnose server and Website errors, and in cases of abuse, track and mitigate the abuse.
- Device information: We use strictly necessary, performance, analytics cookies, and advertising cookies to collect certain information about the device you use to access our Website, such as hardware model, operating system, and your preferences. We use this personal information to (i) conduct analytics; (ii) enhance user experience; (iii) conduct targeted online advertising and measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns; (iv) prevent fraudulent use of the Website; (v) diagnose server and Website errors, and in cases of abuse, track and mitigate the abuse; (vi) provide enhanced functionality; and (vii) remember your preferences.
- Location information: We use strictly necessary, performance, analytics, and advertising cookies to collect information about your location, which may be determined through your IP address. We use this personal information to (i) conduct analytics; (ii) enhance user experience; (iii) conduct targeted online advertising and measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns; (iv) prevent fraudulent use of the Website; (v) diagnose server and Website errors, and in cases of abuse, track and mitigate the abuse; (vi) provide enhanced functionality; and (vii) remember your preferences.
Particular cookies to note for our users include:
- Facebook Pixel: We use Facebook Pixel to customize our advertising and to serve you ads on your social media based on your browsing behavior. This allows your behavior to be tracked after you have been redirected to our Website by clicking on a Facebook ad. Facebook Pixel stores a cookie on your device to enable us to measure the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes. We do not have access to the information collected through the Facebook Pixel. However, the information collected via the Facebook Pixel is also stored and processed by Facebook. Facebook may link this information to your Facebook account and also use it for its own promotional purposes in accordance with Facebook’s Data Usage Policy. The Facebook Pixel also allows Facebook and its partners to show you advertisements on and outside of Facebook. You can opt-out of displaying Facebook ads and sharing by visiting your Facebook Ad Settings, and you can clear and control the information third parties share with Facebook in your Off-Facebook Activity page. If you do not have a Facebook account, you can opt-out of Facebook ads through the Digital Advertising Alliance.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- Within L.E.A.D.: Where necessary, we may share your personal information within L.E.A.D. in order to efficiently carry out our business and to the extent permitted by law.
- With service providers: We may share your personal information with our service providers that assist us in providing the Website. These service providers include our payment processor, IT support, communications provider, and shipping provider.
- In the event of a corporate reorganization: In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our organization, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our assets, we would share your personal information with third parties, including the buyer or target (and their agents and advisors) for the purpose of facilitating and completing the transaction. We would also share your personal information with third parties if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation, in the course of such proceedings.
CORRECT OR VIEW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can access your L.E.A.D. account to correct or view certain personal information of yours in our possession and which is associated with your account.
RIGHTS OF NEVADA RESIDENTS
If you are a consumer in the State of Nevada, you may request to opt-out of the current or future sale of certain of your personal information. We do not currently sell any of your personal information under Nevada law, nor do we plan to do so in the future. If you would like to opt-out of the future sale of your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DO NOT TRACK
We do not support Do Not Track (DNT). Do not track is a web browser setting that informs a website that you do not want to be tracked.
We implement and maintain reasonable security measures to protect the personal information we collect and maintain. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the information we have collected from you.
If you have additional questions or comments of any kind, please let us know by sending your comments or requests to us at:
5 South Main Street
Allentown, NJ 08501
Phone: (609) 259-2500
Last modified: May 15, 2021