This training is designed to educate all Law Enforcement Officers in a detailed curriculum that addresses the Mission of L.E.A.D. in its efforts to serve law enforcement agencies throughout the United States.
L.E.A.D recognizes that to serve Law Enforcement Agencies, we need to ensure all officers are given the most current tools to address these challenging times. The ON THE STREET Program is a nice enhancement to our IN THE CLASSROOM Program. Participation in our ON THE STREET Program does not require participation in our IN THE CLASSROOM programs. However, all law enforcement agencies are encouraged to participate in our ON THE STREET-OFFICER Program to see firsthand the resources and services that we have developed for L.E.A.D. Agencies. Having the only tested and proven effective K-12 school-based curricula is another great service for future consideration to your agencies.
The major training goals of OTS-OFFICER are to:
- provide accurate information regarding the consequences of psychoactive substance use, bullying and violence particularly for children and adolescents,
- demonstrate that the fields of prevention science and police science provide the bases for the prevention and amelioration of these issues through evidence-based programming,
- underscore the role of L.E.A.D. in being the vehicle through which this knowledge can be implemented through community-based programming.
The training is delivered in four modules:
- Module 1- Psychoactive Substances, Their Properties and Actions, and Consequences
- Module 2- Psychoactive Substances and Crimes in the United States
- Module 3- Bullying and Violence
- Module 4- Law Enforcement’s Role in Building Safe Communities
Upon successful completion of the OTS training:
- Each officer receives a OTS certificate.
- Available to each department will be the option to purchase:
- L.E.A.D. OTS certification plaque for display at their facilities
- L.E.A.D. OTS certification magnets for official vehicles
- L.E.A.D. OTS certification patches and/or pins for uniforms
On The Street Officer Course
- 4 Lessons
- Course Certificate
L.E.A.D. is proud to offer our ON THE STREET PROGRAMS. The ON THE STREET PROGRAMS are designed to certify all Law Enforcement Officers and Educators in curricula that addresses the Mission of L.E.A.D. It is presented in 4 modules: 1) Psychoactive Substances, Their Properties, Actions, and Consequences; 2) Psychoactive Substances and Crimes in the United States; 3) Bullying and Violence; 4) Law Enforcement’s Role in Building Safe Communities.